Long-term follow-up of patients with ventilatory dependent high tetraplegia managed with diaphragmatic pacing systems
Principal Investigator Name
Principal Investigator Email
This is an observational longitudinal study designed to identify and describe long term outcomes for those using DPS. The data collected will enable us to answer the following research questions:
1. What are the patterns of long-term DPS use (hours per day using DPS, changes in DPS stimulus parameters, abandonment of DPS and related reasons).
2. What mechanical problems have DPS users encountered (system failure, repairs needed)?
3. What are the frequency of and reasons for rehospitalization following DPS implant?
4. What levels of care are needed at home to manage the DPS?
5. How do DPS users feel about the system (satisfaction, comfort, vocalization, taste, swallowing)?